- Set oven rack on the upper level and preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix apples, maple syrup, flour and cinnamon.
- Prepare pastry. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white and oil.
- Lay a sheet of phyllo pastry on the parchment paper and, using a pastry brush, lightly coat the surface of the sheet with the egg/oil mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with ½ tsp breadcrumbs.
- Repeat this step layering all the sheets of phyllo pastry, leaving the final sheet bare.
- Spread the apple mixture along one end of the dough. Lift edges of dough near apples and roll over to form a roll.
- Place on a cookie sheet that has been coated with non-sick spray.
- Brush with remaining oil/egg mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Pastry should be a deep golden brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar.
- Slice in with a bread knife.
Nutritional per serving
Sugar: 8 grams
Fat: 6 grams