Low GI Holista Linguine in white clam sauce
Makes 4 servings
- 8 oz Holista Linguine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 24 littleneck clams, rinsed
- 3 (6.5 oz) cans of chopped clams. Separate juice from clams
- 4 ounces (½ Cup) white wine
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Calories 520
- Fat, Total 23 g
- Saturated Fat 10 g
- Total Carbohydrate 46 g
- Added Sugar 0 g Natural 0 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 25 g
- Cholesterol 85 mg
- Trans Fatty Acid 0 g
- Sodium 307 mg
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water, bring to a boil.
- Heat a large skillet pan on stove, when hot, add oil, then garlic. Cook for 30 seconds
- Add clams, white wine and juice from canned clams. Cover and cook until clams steam open.
- When clams open, add chopped clams. Heat for 1 minute.
- Add butter and continuously swirl pan (this will help emulsify the sauce.
- Add seasonings (salt, pepper, red pepper). Add 2 Tbsp chopped parsley.
- When pasta water is boiling, add Holista Linguine to water.
- Bring back to boil, boil 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Toss with a small amount of clam sauce.
- Divide Holista Linguine on plates or bowls. Top with clams and clam sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. parsley. Enjoy!