Lemon Zest Low GI Noodles with turmeric grilled tempeh
By: Veronica, VP of Operations
Serves 6 - 8 side salads or 4 main dishes
Zesty, Delicious & Nutritious! Can be served hot or cold!
- ½ package (7 oz) Holista Spaghetti
- 2 x 8oz packages of tempeh
- 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Calories 537
- Fat, Total 28 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Total Carbohydrate 49 g
- Added Sugar 0 g Natural 1 g
- Fiber 9 g
- Protein 26 g
- Cholesterol 9 mg
- Trans Fatty Acid 0 g
- Sodium 184 mg
Directions Grilled Tempeh
- Combine ¼ cup olive with turmeric, cumin and coriander to make a paste. Add salt to taste.
- Slice tempeh into ½ inch slices (about 16 pieces) and toss in olive oil mixture.
- Sauté tempeh in a skillet on medium high. Turn tempeh over occasionally and sauté until crispy.
- Once ready, wait for spaghetti and portion tempeh on top per the number of servings required.
Directions Holista Spaghetti
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water, bring to a boil.
- Break Spaghetti in half (2 equal sections).
- While waiting for water to boil, slice one lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Using a lemon zester, grate the other lemon and zest into a medium side bowl (large enough to hold the spaghetti once cooked).
- Once fully zested, cut lemon in half and squeeze juice in the same bowl.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of olive oil to make a lemon mixture. Add salt to taste.
- When pot of water is boiling, add Holista™ Low GI spaghetti to water, bring back to a boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Once cooked, drain spaghetti, add to lemon bowl and toss with the lemon mixture.
- Plate the spaghetti as required for number of people, top with grilled tempeh and garnish with lemon wedges. Sprinkle any additional oily bit from the pan for extra flavour.