Balsamic Glazed Brussel SproutsLow GI Pasta All'aglio E Olio
By : Nadski and Joe D
A perfect pasta dish any time of the year. Healthy and delicious!
Nadski’s Quick and Easy Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
Cooking together is fun!
This a delicious vegetarian healthy pasta dish made by a lovely Italian/Ukrainian couple who know how to cook!
Thank you Joe and Nadski for sending your recipes and pictures – we love this recipe!
- 1 dozen Brussel sprouts, washed & cleaned of dry, outside leaves
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil*
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- pinch of coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- In a steamer pot, par boil the Brussel sprouts whole until the leaves turn a bright, almost lime green….approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from steamer, cut in halves and set aside in a bowl.
- In a non-stick fry pan, heat avocado oil on medium high heat then stir fry the Brussel sprout halves quickly until tender, not mushy….again, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Turn heat off and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the sprouts, stirring constantly to cover all halves in vinegar and reduce the amount of vinegar.
- Remove from heat. Add pepper & salt to taste.
- Serve as a side dish.
...and Joe D's Low GI Pasta All'aglio E Olio
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil leaves OR dried crushed basil (optional)
- course ground pepper to taste
- 4 ounces (aprox 1/4 package) Holista’s low glycemic spaghetti (for 2 portions/people)
- grated parmesan cheese to taste
- In a small skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Fry chopped garlic until golden brown and set aside.
- Boil pasta as per instructions. Drain and toss into a large mixing bowl with garlic fried in oil.
- Add pepper, parmesan cheese and basil. Salt if desired.