Tomato Basil, Low GI Healthy Spaghetti with Baked Cod and Broccolini
By: Noelle, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Makes 2 servings
- Approximately ½ pound Pacific Cod
- 4 oz Holista Low GI Spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh Basil, torn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp oregano
- Salt, black pepper and chili flakes to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon zest
- Parmesan Cheese
- Calories 562 kcal
- Fat, Total 24 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Total Carbohydrate 53 g
- Added Sugar 0 g Natural 6 g
- Fiber 8 g
- Protein 34 g
- Cholesterol 76 mg
- Trans Fatty Acid 0 g
- Sodium 565 mg
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Spread broccolini in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish, saving space for the red bell pepper. Toss vegetables with 1 Tbsp of olive oil, keeping the pepper separate.
- Add half of the chopped garlic to the broccolini, and lightly zest lemon on top. Sprinkle oregano over red pepper. Salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large or medium pot, turn water on high to boil for spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, place cod in 8 x 8 baking dish and coat both sides with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Grate lemon zest over the cod, and lightly pepper.
- Place cod and vegetables in the pre-heated oven and set timer for 12 minutes.
- You will have a few minutes now while you wait for the water to come to a boil. This is the perfect time to clean any dishes you have used thus far. *Especially the lemon zester if you are using a cheese grater that you will need for the Parmesan!
- When there are only 3 or 4 minutes left on your timer add the spaghetti to your boiling water. Let it boil for 3 minutes, and presto it is done. Drain and rinse spaghetti with hot water to keep it warm.
- While the spaghetti is in the strainer, sautee remaining garlic, and the halved tomatoes in the pot with about 1 tsp. olive oil until fragrant. (Chili flakes are optional).
- Return spaghetti to pot, add torn basil, drizzle olive oil and toss.
- Top the cod with your baked red pepper, and shave about 1 Tbsp. Parmesan over your spaghetti and broccolini.