Asian Stir-fry Low GI Noodles Chicken & Vegetables
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 package (7 oz) Holista Low GI Spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken cut into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped into small pieces
- 4” fresh ginger, cut into small pieces
- 1 can ( 8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can ( 8 oz) bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 can( 15 oz) baby corn, drained, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin (green and white parts)
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy or Teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup low sodium, or home-made chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Calories 524
- Fat, Total 14 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Total Carbohydrate 59 g
- Added Sugar 0 g Natural 8 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Protein 38 g
- Cholesterol 76 mg
- Trans Fatty Acid 0 g
- Sodium 563 mg
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water, bring to a boil.
- Heat large skillet or wok, when hot, add canola oil. When oil is smoking, add chicken pieces. Heat for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add garlic and ginger, saute for 30 seconds.
- Add remaining vegetables, cook for 2 minutes stirring often.
- Add soy or teriyaki sauce, heat for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, add cornstarch to cold chicken stock until mixed combined.
- Add cornstarch liquid mixture to pan. Bring to a boil stirring often. Mixture will thicken slightly, reduce heat
- When pot water is boiling, add Holista Low GI spaghetti/noodles to water.
- Bring back to boil, boil 3 minutes stirring occasionally, drain, rinse. Return to pot.
- Stir in sesame oil.
- Portion noodles evenly into bowls or plates.
- Add chicken and vegetable mixture on top of noodles.